Old Home, Superhome

22/03/2010 at 3:31 pm | Posted in Home Energy saving | Leave a comment

Open Day at Balsall Heath’s ‘Zero Carbon House’

About 500 people visited this  ‘house for the future’ designed by local architect John Christophers on Sunday  28th March. It stores heat and rainwater, harvests solar light and heat, makes its own electricity and exports more power than it uses. It is unique for a family house built in 1840 in an ordinary street. No fuel bills. Tours, explanations advice for all. For more information and to book future  open days, please see the house’s website at http://zerocarbonhousebirmingham.org.uk/

On 28 March there was  an open day at a ‘40% house’, which is also in Balsall Heath. This house shows that ordinary energy saving measures, if used in combination, can reduce the fuel requirement of any house by 60%, leaving it a 40% house.


Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: